Saturday, July 23, 2011

What's that you say?

What's that you say? You made ANOTHER shirt? lol Oh yes, I'm just a busy little beaver this weekend. Actually, I went through my stash (and going through it is another story all on its own), and decided that there were 3 lengths of fabric that would lend itself to this blouse pattern, giving me 3 new shirts. The price for all of them (counting fabric and thread, since there are no buttons, zippers, etc) was $20.50 as all the fabric was bought on sale at one time or another.

I finished up this animal print this afternoon and will start on the next one tomorrow morning. The next one will be a black blouse with 3/4 length sleeves AND the animal print for the collar. The last "stash" fabric is a sheer red knit that I picked up for something like $2.50 a yard about 3 years ago...time to use it for something constructive so it will become the next blouse with a very short flirty sleeve. And then I'll be done. At least for now.

I had a little bit of a problem taking the picture of the animal print. If I used the flash, it washed the color out, but if I didn't, it appeared to be too dark. So I turned all of the lights on in our office/sewing room and tried it that way. These are the by-product of that problem-solving session.