Wednesday, December 14, 2011

And the last of the bunch tonight.

The next time you see my words, it will be about the drawer dividers I made today. :-) But for right now, we have more animal pictures. :-)

A Kudu is of the antelope family and its horns are the symbol for the South African National Park System. These animals are amazing, and luckily we got a couple of good still pictures of them. The last picture is a Kudu cow.




The flowers in and around Kruger were starting to bloom (as it was the spring there). I caught a couple of great pictures of Bougainvillea that I wanted to share.



Another member of the Antelope family is the Duiker (pronounced DAKER, rhymes with Baker). This little guy is one of the smallest in the family, and very shy. That we got this picture was pretty amazing.


And I found out the hard way that it is almost impossible to take a picture of a whole Giraffe. :-) We had to be a great distance away to get the whole animal in the frame. Instead, I had to settle for some closer shots.