Sunday, February 5, 2012

By now, you know that there will be long absences and even longer breaks between posts. It isn't deliberate. It is because I try not to spend the day sitting at the computer. I also don't always have things to say. :-)

I haven't been sewing much over the last couple of weeks. The plan to do a wooden valance for our bathroom was put on hold when I decided I might want to change the color of the walls first. This particular bath is on our ground floor, and is a full bath (instead of the half bath one would usually find off the kitchen). I have no idea why they made this a full bath, complete with tub, but I know that I would rather have it be a half bath and turn the area where the tub is into a laundry room (our current laundry is a large room upstairs next to the master bath.

But while I was getting the wood for the valances and searching for just the right fabric to cover the valance, I realized that I'd painted it in an almost-white color and stenciled it about 8 years ago, and it might be time for a change. Below you will see a couple pictures of the bathroom. I'd picked a very nice pale mauve out for the Great Room in our house, and I may just put it in the bathroom too, as it is a pleasing color, and if I wanted to stencil, finding a deep mauve and contrasting colors shouldn't be too bad.

The first picture is of the sink area with my favorite painting of all time - the white kitty. The second pic shows the stenciling over the window. In the first picture, the area on the right is the tub with a navy blue shower curtain. This would be the area I would tear out and re-do as a laundry room. John agrees, so we've got it on our "project" list. :-)